About the Pass
The Personalised Employment Pass (PEP) is a new scheme to facilitate the contributions of global talent to Singapore.
Currently, the issue of an Employment Pass (EP) is tied to a specific employer. Any change of employer requires a fresh application. If an EP holder leaves the company, his EP is cancelled and he must leave Singapore unless he finds employment with a new company. In contrast, the new PEP is not tied to any employer and will be granted on the strength of an EP holder's individual merits. A PEP holder is able to remain in Singapore for up to six months in between jobs to evaluate new employment opportunities.
The following groups of foreigners will be eligible for a PEP:
(MOM will be flexible in considering individual cases that do not meet the minimum criteria but merit the issuance of a PEP.)
Overseas foreign professional whose last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas was at least $7,000
• The last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas should be no more than six months from the time of the application.
Former P1 Pass holders who are residing overseas
• Former P1 Pass holders should not be unemployed for longer than a continuous period of six months at the point of application.
P1 Pass holders
• P1 Pass holders will be accorded in-principle approval for the PEP upon application.
P2 Pass holders
• P2 Pass holders that have at least two years' working experience on a P Pass. They should earn a fixed salary of at least $30,000 in the preceding year.
Q1 Pass holders
• Q1 Pass holders with at least five years' working experience on a Q1 pass. They should earn a fixed salary of at least $30,000 in the preceding year.
Foreign graduates from institutions of higher learning in Singapore
• Foreign graduates from institutions of higher learning in Singapore with at least two years' working experience on a P or Q1 Pass. They should earn a fixed salary of at least $30,000 in the preceding year.
2. Benefits - Job Flexibility
PEP holders can generally take on employment in any sector. There may be some jobs where prior permission is required, and details will be made available. PEP holders do not need to re-apply for a new pass when changing jobs.
PEP holders are also given the flexibility of a continuous period of up to six months without a job to evaluate employment or work opportunities. They will not be required to leave Singapore during this time.
3. Dependant Privileges
PEP holders will continue to enjoy the dependants' privileges of their original passes or current eligibility at the point of PEP application, whichever is higher. Those who switch to higher-paying jobs may apply for the corresponding dependants' privileges.
P1, P2 and Q1 Pass holders are eligible to bring his/her spouse and children under 21 years of age on Dependant's Passes. A P Pass holder can also bring his/her parents and parents-in-law on Long-Term Social Visit Passes.
4. Conditions of Validity
Maximum Unemployment Period: This cannot exceed six continuous months at any point.
Minimum Annual Basic Salary: PEP holders must earn an annual fixed salary of at least $30,000 for each calender year of the PEP.
Requisite Notifications to MOM: PEP holders and their employers will need to keep MOM informed of each change in the PEP holders' employment status (e.g. commencement or cessation of employment) and agree to make available to MOM information on their annual fixed salary. PEP holders will also need to notify MOM of any changes in their contact details viz. local contact person and address.
The PEP will be issued only once. It is valid for five years, and is non-renewable.